McCall Huron County Scholarships
An undergraduate scholarship program for Huron County students with leadership potential.
Applications will re-open in fall 2021.
Originally from Huron County, Marcy McCall MacBain created this scholarship as a way to identify and support young people in the county who make positive contributions to their schools or broader communities.
The scholarship is valued at up to $24,000 over four years of university study, renewable annually, plus a travel grant for those who choose to study outside of Ontario.
Who Can Apply?
If you are graduating from one of the following five Huron County High Schools next year and meet the eligibility criteria, you may apply for a McCall Huron County Scholarship.
Eligible High Schools
- Central Huron Secondary School
- F.E. Madill Secondary School
- Goderich District Collegiate Institute
- South Huron District High School
- St. Anne’s Catholic Secondary School
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Have a minimum cumulative high school average of 80% (grades 9-11 inclusive)
- Be entering your first undergraduate degree at a public Canadian university in 2021
- Be in good standing academically and non-academically with your high school
Who are we looking for?
McCall Huron County Scholarship recipients are students of strong character who care deeply about their school and broader communities and take action to make them better places to live. If you are involved in your community, take initiative to find solutions to problems you see around you and involve others along the way, work hard and value honesty, collaboration and ongoing learning, consider applying for this scholarship.
The selection criteria for this scholarship are:
- Strong character, including honesty, integrity, hard work, and willingness to take responsibility
- A track record of community involvement, such as volunteering, athletics, and extra-curricular activities
- Leadership potential
Complete an online application by February 9, 2021
To be considered for this scholarship, you must complete an online application including short essays, activity lists, the contact information for supervisors/verifiers of your activities, and the contact information for a reference. No reference letter is required. If you sign up below, you will be notified when applications are live.
If nominated, attend interview days on May 14, 2021
After you complete your application, your school will nominate candidates to the Foundation based on the selection criteria above. If you are selected for an interview, you will be notified in April 2021, and interviews will take place on May 14, 2021. Recipients will be notified shortly after interviews.
Recipients will be selected shortly after interviews day
Up to six (6) McCall Huron County Scholarships will be granted in 2021.
Students who distinguish themselves in the selection process but do not receive a McCall Huron County Scholarship will be eligible to receive a $1,500 finalist award, tenable at any public Canadian university.