McCall Huron County Scholarships
An undergraduate scholarship program for Huron County students with leadership potential.
Applications for 2019 are now closed. 2020 applications will open in Fall 2019.
Originally from Huron County, Marcy McCall MacBain created this scholarship as a way to identify and support young people in the county who make positive contributions to their schools or broader communities.
The scholarship is valued at up to $24,000 over four years of university study, renewable annually, plus a travel grant for those who choose to study outside of Ontario.
Who Can Apply?
If you are graduating from one of the following five Huron County High Schools next year and meet the eligibility criteria, you may apply for a McCall Huron County Scholarship.
Eligible High Schools
- Central Huron Secondary School
- E. Madill Secondary School
- Goderich District Collegiate Institute
- South Huron District High School
- Anne’s Catholic Secondary
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Have a minimum cumulative high school average of 80% (grades 9-11 inclusive)
- Be entering your first undergraduate university degree in 2020
- Be in good standing academically and non-academically with your high school
Who are McCall Huron County Scholars?
McCall Huron County Scholars are students of strong character who care deeply about their school and broader communities and take action to make them better places to live. If you are involved in your community, take initiative to find solutions to problems you see around you and involve others along the way, work hard and value honesty, collaboration and ongoing learning, consider applying for this scholarship.
The selection criteria for this scholarship are:
- Strong character, including honesty, integrity, hard work, and willingness to take responsibility
- A track record of community involvement, such as volunteering, athletics, and extra-curricular activities
- Leadership potential
Complete an online application in Fall 2019
To be considered for this scholarship, you must complete an online application including short essays, activity lists, the contact information for supervisors/verifiers of your activities, and the contact information for a reference. No reference letter is required. If you sign up below, you will be notified when applications are live.
If nominated, attend interviews day in Feb 2020
After you complete your application, your school will nominate candidates to the Foundation based on the selection criteria above. If you are selected for an interview, you will be notified in January 2020, and interviews will take place in February 2020. Recipients will be notified shortly after interviews.
Recipients will be selected shortly after interviews day
Up to five (5) McCall Huron County Scholarships will be granted in 2020.
Students who distinguish themselves in the selection process but do not receive a McCall Huron County Scholarship will be eligible to receive a $1,000 finalist award, tenable at any public Canadian university.