MacBain Niagara Falls Scholarships: Applications Now Open
APPLY NOW. Deadline: November 28, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
The MacBain Niagara Falls Scholarships were created by John McCall MacBain, who grew up in Niagara Falls, to recognize the great potential of young people in his hometown.
Up to seven (7) MacBain Niagara Falls Scholarships will be granted to students graduating in 2019 from one of the five Niagara Falls secondary schools:
- A.N. Myer Secondary School
- Saint Michael Catholic High School
- Saint Paul Catholic High School
- Stamford Collegiate Institute
- Westlane Secondary School
The MacBain Niagara Falls Scholarships are renewable and valued at up to $24,000 over four years of study. The awards are tenable at any Canadian public university for students entering their first undergraduate university degree. Recognizing both the value and the additional costs of studying further away from home, the Foundation will provide an additional travel grant of $2,000 (renewable annually) to those studying outside of Ontario (up to an additional $8,000 per student).
Students who distinguish themselves in the selection process but who do not receive a MacBain Niagara Falls Scholarship will be eligible to receive a $1,000 finalist award, tenable at any public Canadian university.
- Students must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Students must have a minimum cumulative high school average of 80% (grades 9-11 inclusive)
- Students must be entering their first undergraduate university degree in 2019
- Students must be in good standing academically and non-academically with their high school
To be considered for this scholarship, students must complete an online application including short essays, activity lists, the contact information for supervisors/verifiers of the applicant’s activities, and the contact information for a reference.
The MacBain Niagara Falls Scholarships will be granted to students who demonstrate the values of the McCall MacBain Foundation including:
- Strong character, including honesty, integrity, hard work, and willingness to take responsibility
- A track record of community involvement, such as volunteering, athletics, and extra-curricular activities
- Leadership potential
Selection Process Timeline
October 17, 2018 – Applications open
November 28, 2018 – Deadline for students to submit their applications to their school’s guidance department
January 16, 2019 – Students notified if invited to interviews
February 9, 2019 – Full day of in-person interviews in Niagara Falls
Contact us at email@example.com
Applications due November 28, 2018 at 4:00 Eastern Standard Time.